Backpackers accomodation with a difference
Our bunk huts in Camp Glenorchy contain 4 single beds in bunk-bed style. These rooms are especially affordable and make sharing with friends easy.
All Bunk Hut guests have access to all shared facilities at Camp Glenorchy, including the spacious and immaculately clean Amenities Building with private toilet and shower facilities as well as lockers and water dispenser to refill your water bottle.
Facilities at Camp Glenorchy
The beautiful central Homestead Building offers a spacious well-equipped modern kitchen with large fridges, freezer space, dishes, cutlery and cooking utensils available for each guest. Our shared dining room features a stunning view of the nearby mountainscape and makes the ideal place to meet fellow travellers and swap stories and recommendations for things to do in Glenorchy.
The cosy Greenstone Lounge area provides relaxing and comfortable sofas and chairs to settle in and make you feel right at home. Grab a book from our library or play a board game from the shelf and enjoy an evening with friends or family.
Camp Glenorchy’s solar-lit covered outdoor campfire shelter offers space to gather ‘round a crackling fire and BBQ facilities where you can unwind together at the end of the day
In the Amenities Building there are lockers available for hire, making it easy to leave your extra luggage safe while off on your tramp. Track transport can easily be arranged for you by our Camp Hosts upon request.
Come discover why TIME Magazine named Camp Glenorchy Eco Retreat one of its World’s Greatest Places. Here you’ll experience the beauty, comfort, natural inspiration and tranquility that this special place has to offer.
- Single bed with linens in a shared bunk hut
- Shared facilities with private shower and toilet rooms
- Fully equipped modern kitchen with cookware, coffee, tea, dishes and cutlery
- Beautiful view dining room
- Commercial-grade fridges and freezers
- Cosy lounge area with board games and books
- Storage lockers
- Self-serve on-site laundry and dry room facilities
- Covered outdoor campfire shelter
- BBQ facilities
- Bicycle rentals
- 5-minute walk to Mrs Woolly's General Store for groceries, supplies and gifts
- Restaurants, pubs, shops, lagoon walk and the wharf just 5-10 minute walk away
- Track transport easily arranged by Camp Hosts upon request
- Close to Routeburn Track, a wide array of hiking trails, and other stellar track options such as the Rees-Dart Track and Greenstone-Caples Track
OMG THIS PLACE EXCEEDS AMAZING!! Well all I can say is you have to go there to experience the place. So far have stayed there 3 times over the last few months and we will be back may more times! Love the whole concept and the layout, the awesome staff and service. This place is a real eye...
Trish B, Dunedin, NZ